Counseling Services Provided by Dr. Berry-Mitchell
Dr. Berry-Mitchell only uses treatments that have significant research supporting their effectiveness. While working in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Dr. Berry-Mitchell received certification in 2 of the 3 treatments deemed “best practices” by the Department of Veterans Affairs, the National Center for PTSD, and the National Institute of Mental Health, as well as other agencies and organizations. She is Certified in Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and Prolonged Exposure (PE). Dr. Berry-Mitchell served as a National Consultant for PE while at the VA, which enabled her to help providers learning this therapy do so correctly, adhere to the fidelity of the treatment.
- Adult Survivors of Childhood Abuse (physical, verbal, emotional, or sexual abuse)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Boundary Setting
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Coping Skills
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Training
- Posttrauma symptoms
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Sexual Assault/abuse
- Transition to Civilian LifeTrauma
- Trauma, clinical; All types
- Wholistic Treatment
Please note, all couples therapy patients must be willing to be videotaped. It is useful in the therapy process to be able to playback the partners’ interactions with each other and work in the moment to improve communication. It is also helpful to show the partners their nonverbal reactions that may be interfering with them achieving the relationship they desire. These videos may also be used in consultation to help Dr. Berry-Mitchell improve her couples therapy skills. She is a Level III Gottman trained therapist and is currently receiving consultation in order to become a Certified Gottman Therapist.
WOC and Corporate Trauma Groups
Group Details & Specifics
– Each group meets biweekly.
– 3-month minimum commitment.
– The group size will not exceed 6 women.
Group therapy is a commitment to your well-being, as well as to the other group members. Therefore, regular attendance is required. This helps the group bond and trust one another when members know they can count on each other to be present and support one another.
This group is for you if you:
- Find yourself second-guessing your worth due to the culture of your work environment
- Spend time wordsmithing your feedback or suggestions in order to be heard
- Internalize the feedback, or lack of support, you receive as an indication of your worth
- Spend time second-guessing what you could have done differently (to be accepted, be heard, be valued, etc.)
- Wonder if your hairstyle or attire will adversely affect being valued, considered for promotion, etc.
- Tired of having to be effusively grateful for what you’ve earned
- Find yourself engaging in “retail therapy”, vacation therapy, emotional eating, sex, etc. to cope with the work stress only to find the issues are still there when your momentary satisfaction ends
- Need a safe place to be you and receive support from other women like you
- Wednesday Lunch Break (Telehealth/In person; 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday Wind Down (In person; 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday Groups begin 4/22/20 and will meet biweekly.
- Friday Lunch Break (Telehealth/In-person; 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Friday Happy Hour (In person; 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.)
- Friday Groups begin 4/24/20 and will meet biweekly
$85: Cost of each group
The group will meet for 6 sessions and end the first week of July 2020.
$433.50: 15% ($76.50) discount for full prepayment of the investment.
$85: No show/cancellation fee for not providing 24- hour notice of absence from group.
Group Participation Requirements
An in-person group screening is REQUIRED to determine eligibility for groups. You will NOT be allowed to attend a group if you have not met with the facilitator. Screenings available now.
Please call or text 678-882-5371 to schedule your screening or to learn more about these groups.
All groups will be located in
Brookwood beginning April 2020.