Psychological Services Provided by Dr. Felicia
Dr. Berry-Mitchell is a Police and Public Safety Psychologist, which includes experience working with Military and Veterans. She is experienced in working with this population for therapy, combat and training trauma exposures, post critical incident support, and officer involved shooting support. Dr. Felicia only uses treatments with significant research supporting their effectiveness. While working in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Dr. Felicia received certification in 2 of the 3 treatments deemed “best practices” by the Department of Veterans Affairs, the National Center for PTSD, and the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). She is Certified in Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and Prolonged Exposure (PE). Dr. Felicia served as a National Consultant for PE while at the VA, which enabled her to help providers learning the therapy to offer it properly to Veterans.
- Adult Survivors of Childhood Abuse (physical, verbal, emotional, or sexual abuse)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Coping Skills
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Training
- Posttrauma symptoms
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Sexual Assault/abuse
- Trauma, clinical; All types
- Wholistic Treatment
Please note, couples must be willing to be videotaped. It is useful to be able to playback the partners’ interactions with each other and work in the moment to improve communication. It is also helpful to show the partners their nonverbal reactions that may be interfering with their achieving the relationship they desire. These videos may also be used in consultation to help Dr. Felicia improve her couples therapy skills. She is a Level III Gottman trained therapist and is currently receiving consultation in order to become a Certified Gottman Therapist.
WOC and Workplace Trauma Groups
Group Details & Specifics
– Each group meets biweekly.
– 3-month minimum commitment.
– Maximum group size is 6 women.
Group therapy is a commitment to your well-being, as well as to the other group members. Therefore, regular attendance is required. This helps the group bond and trust one another when members know they can count on each other to be present and support one another.
This group is for you if you:
- Find yourself second-guessing your worth due to the culture of your work environment
- Spend time wordsmithing your feedback or suggestions in order to be heard
- Internalize the feedback, or lack of support, you receive as an indication of your worth
- Spend time wondering what you can do differently (to be accepted, be heard, be valued, etc.)
- Wonder if your hairstyle or attire are adversely affecting your value, promotions, etc.
- Tired of having to be effusively grateful for what you’ve earned
- Find yourself engaging in “retail therapy”, emotional eating, sex, etc. to cope with the stress
- Need a safe place to be you and receive support from other women like you
- Wednesday Lunch Break (12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday Wind Down (can be in person at a restaurant 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.)
- Friday Lunch Break (12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Friday Happy Hour (can be in person at a restaurant 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.)
- Choose 1 group to attend consistently
$65: Cost of each group
The group will meet for 6 sessions and continue as an ongoing group.
$331.50: 15% ($58.50) discount for full prepayment of the 6 session investment.
$65: No show/cancellation fee for not providing 24- hour notice of absence from group.
Group Participation Requirements
A group screening is REQUIRED to determine eligibility for groups. You will NOT be allowed to attend a group if you have not met with the facilitator. Screenings available now.
Please call or text 678-882-5371 to schedule your screening or to learn more about the groups.